The Foundation will consider proposals that meet the following requirements:
- The organization must have 501(c)(3) status or be a public entity
- The proposed program must address the mission and priorities of the Foundation
- The organization must have a current 990 filed with the IRS
- The portion of the program paid for by the Foundation must benefit residents of our service area
- The Foundation’s service area encompasses the areas previously served by the Sentara Obici Hospital. The service area includes the cities of Suffolk and Franklin and the County of Isle of Wight; Surry, Dendron and Elberon in Surry County; Waverly and Wakefield in Sussex County; Courtland, Boykins, Ivor, Sedley and Newsoms in Southhampton County; and Gates County, North Carolina.
Proposal Key Materials
Community Engagement Grants
Community Engagement grants are awarded to improve the health status of the community. They are awarded at $5,000 or less and generally granted once in a 12-month period.