Current Open Positions
Explore our job openings below and join our team.
Please note that this position is listed on Indeed.com. Click here or search for Administrative Assistant in Suffolk VA. Applications will only be accepted through Indeed.
No phone calls please
Assistant Director of Finance and Grants
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial or Business Administration required; Master’s degree or CPA preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP and FASB standards as they apply to nonprofit agencies
- A minimum of three years of post-college experience, some portion in the nonprofit or governmental sector is desired, accounting experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented approach with diverse groups of people
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience with design and analysis of project budgets
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Computer literate, experience working with databases strongly preferred
“It is personally rewarding to be part of the team that provides so many benefits to the community. Serving as director of finance, the diversity of the Foundation’s grantmaking, investments and related accounting and reporting, constantly provides interesting changes and challenges.”